Be it the vitamin rich lemon or the antibacterial and antiviral properties of ginger; the benefits of this powerful combination have for long been known to man. Combine the same with some honey and warm water, and voila! You have a powerful drink with umpteen number of benefits.
Unsheathing these benefits into a delectable, easy-to-make delicacy are the Lemon-Ginger bars made with Gulabs Lemon Ginger Sharbat!
Try one, and we are sure you won't hesitate on eating another!
For the Crust
1 cup unsalted butter
½ cup sugar
2 cups flour
pinch of salt
For the Filling
4 tbsp heavy cream
1 tbsp honey
1 cup flour
1. Preheat oven at 180 degree celsius. Butter and dust the baking tray with flour and set it aside
2. Mix butter and sugar in a large bowl. Sieve the flour and salt, and slowly add it to the butter-sugar mix.
3. Mix it till a dough starts to form
4. Press the dough on the baking tray and semi-bake for 25 minutes.
5. In another bowl whisk together sugar, honey, flour and Gulabs Lemon-Ginger Sharbat to form a thick paste.
6. Remove the baking tray from the oven and let it cool.
7. Reduce the temperature to 160 degree celsius.
8. Now, pour the Lemon-ginger mix made with Gulabs Lemon Ginger Sharbat
over the crust and bake it for 30-35 minutes till the paste sets.